Welsh Governments Pethau Bychain (Little Things) Campaign
As a bilingual nation it is vital that Cymraeg is heard and used across the country. There are hundreds of simple ‘little things’ that everyone – regardless of their level of Cymraeg – can do to raise the daily use of Cymraeg.
There are many opportunities to use Cymraeg which people need to make more of every day. By sharing and promoting #Pethau Bychain we can all inspire others to do likewise. Through supporting each other we can help make Wales a more bi-lingual nation.
To inspire you, here are some examples of the #PethauBychain you can encourage your communities and audiences to do.
- Write a food shopping list in Welsh
- Choose the Cymraeg option when withdrawing money from the bank
- Give your pet a Welsh name
- How about singing a Welsh song with your child?
- Learning to drive? How about putting Welsh learner plates on the car?
- Wear a Cymraeg badge to show customers that a bilingual service is available